Monday, November 5, 2012

Breakfast of Champions!

Now that it's getting colder, I'm going back to giving my boys oatmeal for breakfast.  There's an easy way to get a couple servings of fruit in for breakfast when you have oatmeal!

Here's the cast of characters: frozen blueberries, unsweetened applesauce, and original flavor oatmeal packets.
Wanna know why I use packets and not regular oats?  Vitamins.  The packets of original flavor oatmeal have way more vitamins.  This is one of the rare times where I actually prefer the additives to the food.
Prepare oatmeal according to package directions.  While oatmeal is setting up, microwave 1/4-1/2 c. blueberries for 30 seconds to 1 minute.  When oatmeal is set, add applesauce and blueberries, stir together.
 
 Then Enjoy!

It's ridiculously easy, and I prefer this to the flavored packets that are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Validate Me